Friday, July 5, 2013

Miss Party Mom's: Five For Friday {7.5.13}


It's been a week since I last blogged- no bueno! I'm sitting here on my couch on the Fourth of July exhausted after a crazy week of Garden Partying, Birdie's actual birthday the 2nd (her Golden Birthday!), my sweet new niece being born the 3rd and on top of those exciting events I've been going FULL speed on Birdie's Puppy Party which is set for this Saturday at our home. Here I sit, trying to take a moment to breeeeaaathe.... Fireworks are exploding around me as I type and I actually think the house must have been hit by a firework while we were out because man this is bad... I mean, a new level of party week bad...

                                                            Welcome Nico Louise!

Everything in me wanted to skip this FFF but I stumbled across some real gems this week and just knew I had to share with you, my people! Even though I've only been Five For Friday'ing a month- I'm getting great feed back so thank you for you taking time to tune in to what I think is worthy of your attention this week- I'm honored.

I hope you're as excited about the 5 following items as I was when I found them... as always, PIN AWAY- show some love to the blog and to these items if you love them like I do. I even have an easy "pin it" button on every pic. How convenient...

I'll be back to my normal bloggy self next week after I've de-partied, done some laundry and taken a shower...


xo Party or Die xo
kenna


1.) Party Planning

I finally got my hands on this Ebook, "The Girlfriend's Guide to My Party Planning Biz" by party planner to the stars and a Hostess With The Mostess contributor Tonya Coleman. I seriously don't know what took me so long. So much valuable info in here, it's like a bible for party planners. Listen to me- if you are thinking about going in to this business or have and like me are still wondering what the heck you're really doing- this book is a MUST HAVE. I'm not kidding.... I made so many bad decisions my first year in business because I DIDN'T have this book yet! Branding, Budgeting, Pricing and more... Get it. Done.

If you haven't read MY post on how hard of a job party planning can be, well you're probably living under a rock...


2.) Home Decor

Have I mentioned my favorite color is pink? Well, it is. I love it. Always have, always will. So when I saw this coffee table I pretty died inside from pink cuteness overload. I love the detailing and especially this shade of bubblegum pink. Makes me want to hit the thrift shops and find an old ornate table and give it a coat of spray paint... Have I also mentioned I have a coffee table addiction? Well, I do.


3.) Kids

This one is kind of a mix between party planning and kids... two of my favorite subjects to shop for. I mean if after looking at this tutu inspired Breakfast at Tiffany's dress by Atutudes you DON'T want to throw a themed party for your little girl... something isn't right- you need a party planning resuscitation! A mini Audrey Hepburn is pretty much the cutest thing, like... ever! The costumes on this Etsy site are party-riffic OR just perfect if you have a girly-girl who loves dress up.


4.) Myself

I have been really in to head wraps lately. I've been growing out my pixie cut for over a year and I've fallen in love with the wrap in the process. It provides "effortless cool" to your look in an instant- the minute I throw one of my 4 wraps on I feel somewhat stylish again... which is ironic because I only tend to put one on when I'm in need of a good hair wash and some makeup! Don't be scared to try one yourself- here's a little guide on how to tie them up! Wraps are sold everywhere now- from the Dollar Tree (which is where I got the one in my profile picture above right) to Target, Walmart and PacSun... at less than $15.00 a pop, go ahead and do yourself a favor!


5.) Husband

For those who don't know, my husband is a youth pastor. We've seen so many kids come though the church, through our home... through our lives... This kid Ben has become a friend even after graduating High School and thank goodness because turns out, he's like crazy talented. I've recently tried to commission him to do a print like this one he did called Road Trip but with Shawn's 59' wagon... I mean- Shawn would flip. I love this style of graphic design... it's so clean and fresh but has a sweet retro vibe... So excited to see where graphic design takes you Ben.



5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for choosing Atutudes! We love everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have I told you yet that the house we are moving into has an entire room painted bubblegum pink? I'm not sure I can handle it…but maybe you can convince me to leave it be!

    Love the car illustration…I've never had the patience or eye for detail to create like that…I'm guessing your friend Ben will go far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Help! There's no link for the how-to-tie-a-hair-wrap, and I'm totally having a bad hair day! Also - love the car print - would love to get the same thing for my husband's 62 Skylark, only maybe I should wait until it has seats, an engine and is actually back on the road again? #brokendream (Don't tell him I said that - it always ruffles his feathers)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this post, enjoyed this one, Thanks for sharing this very good post. Very inspiring! (as always, btw)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wife and I recently got married and held both the ceremony and reception at this place. The manger and his assistant were so helpful and friendly throughout the process.

    ReplyDelete

" "